International Kids Club Training
Training draws from Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Playwork Level 3/Level 4 UK qualifications. Modules are designed around and adapted from City & Guilds and CACHE accredited training content.
- Kids Club Staff (Playworkers)
- On-site Babysitters / Nannies
- Kids Club Managers
- Working with international families in the holiday context
- Provision of excellent Childcare Services
- Delivery of bespoke training to enhance Kids Club provision in the holiday environment
- Babysitter and Nanny training in suites/rooms and around the resort
Pre-Training Needs Analysis
1. Early Years Training (0-5) Playwork (4-12)
- Policy and procedure evaluation and compliance
- Health and safety – risk assessment and risk awareness in the resort environment
- In-room Children’s Activity Packs
- Evaluation, Development and Enhancement of setting
- Resources and activities
3. Understanding Children
- Child Development
- Characteristics and Personality Traits
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Children with additional needs
4. Activity Planning
- Children aged 3-12
- Caring for babies and toddlers (0-3)
- Indoor and outdoor play
- Maximising activities within the resort
5. Quality Management
- Leadership Development
- The role of the Manager
- Team Leader Training
- Team Building
- Conflict management
Delivery of training
- Training is designed as a bespoke programme unique to each resort / organisation.
- Culturally appropriate for the holiday context.
- All programmes are flexible; designed around shifts and staffing requirements.
- Training is face to face, but online options are available.
- All training is interactive with the expectation of staff participation in order to maximize the learning and to retain the relevance.
- Organisations can select from the range of modules.
Evaluation of training
- Staff are invited to share their knowledge using informal strategies to demonstrate knowledge and learning.
- Feedback is presented on the basis of strengths and areas for development.
- Action planning is encouraged with management following up after an agreed period of time.
- The training provider offers a follow up service if required.